Tuesday 9 November 2010

Autumn...but it's 25 degrees in Marrakech!

...and with a bang came Autumn!

Torrential rain and howling winds has welcomed much of us over the last couple of days, and whilst not particularly good for trade, flowers can be a most uplifting source.

Particularly important for us as a Flower Shop is our window display and right now I'm stuck between bright and zesty to lift the spirits or go for a slightly early festive look and dig out the baubles!

Ordinarily I wouldn't consider a Christmas themed window until the end of the month, but maybe this year we'll get there a bit earlier and enjoy the festive build up!

On a personal note, I am off to Morocco at the end of this week to take part in a charity challenge running 100km (62 miles) over 4 days around the Atlas Mountains and finishing in Marrakech. I'm certainly looking forward to the warmer climate if not the endurance part - however I know it will be a great experience and close friendships will be formed with the other runners. I am raising funds for the Motor Neurone Disease Association and if anyone would like to donate I have set up a fund raising page here - any support is much appreciated.

Until my return I wish you all well!

No comments:

Post a Comment