Tuesday 19 October 2010

Competition Time!

... for me that is!

For the first time in 4 years (Chelsea Flower Show aside) I am competing at the top level.

The winner of this weekend's British Florist Association Florist of the Year will have the illustrious task of representing the UK in next year's Europa Cup final in the Czech Republic.

The Europa Cup of Floristry is the Champions League of all things floral - admired the world over for the talent on show and possibly the most demanding of all floristry competitions.

Both myself and David Denyer have competed in the Europa Cup before (DD in 1999 Linz, Austria and myself in 2003 Salamanca, Spain). Last time around (2007) in Skopje, Slovenia fellow Brit Neil Whittaker was placed 4th overall - the highest placement of any UK florist in the history of the competition.

I am prepared (kind of!), the flowers and plants are ordered and I can't wait to get going - it will be like being a kid all over again!

Keep posted for further details and, of course, the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment